PANTHER FAQFrequently Asked Questions at Panther
Why should I play at Panther?
- Largest outdoor paintball and airsoft facility (57 Acres) in British Columbia.
- 10+ unique fields and terrain.
- Offering a variety of games that showcase all aspects of Paintball and Airsoft.
- Reliable and quality rental equipment.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional Staff.
- Safety is our number one priority.
- We are one of the few airsoft facilities in the world that have operating tanks and other military vehicles thanks to the Canadian Military Education Centre.
- Many of our buildings and structures in the field were made and used by the BC film industry. You can see our field in many locally filmed tv shows and movies.
- Canadian owned and operated since 1986.
Why should I make a booking?
Only prepaid packages will be guaranteed as we have a limited amount of equipment. Booking in advance is the only way to confirm your booking and reserve the equipment for your time slot. Most players use the equipment for the entire day so there is no option of waiting around for equipment to become available. If the organizer is unable to prepay for all renters each player can pay individually for themselves through the online booking system. Gun owners will pay on the day of play as our booking system is only for reserving rental equipment. All bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Paintball games are by reservation only so make sure to make a booking online if you would like to play paintball with your group.
Is Paintball and Airsoft safe?
Yes, our rules are strictly enforced to protect the safety of both our customers and staff. Players who repeatedly break safety rules (such as refusing to keep eye protection on while playing, or bringing a live gun into the safe area) will not to be allowed to continue playing as they pose a safety risk to themselves and other players.
Each player is required to hear the safety speech that is not only told to our customers before they start playing, but is also on our website to maximize coverage of knowledge on equipment safety. Our rules encompass everything from gun safety to engagement rules, no fire zones, and courteous behavior. You can read the field rules here.
What is the minimum age to play Paintball or Airsoft?
The absolutely minimum age to play Paintball or Airsoft is 10 years old, although we recommend 12 years or older. We recommend having a parent play alongside new players 12 and under. All players under the age of 19 and who are not being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to the field must bring a signed waiver form in order to participate.
How many paintballs will I need?
This depends on the type of player you are and how many games you want to play. Our bargain package is the most popular paintball package we offer. This package provides players with 300 paintballs which lasts on average 2-3 hours.
When are paintball drop-in games?
Currently we are only running drop-in games for airsoft on the weekends. Paintball games will be by reservation only for the time being.
How many players show up to airsoft drop-ins?
We are always busy for airsoft drop-ins and have anywhere from 60-200 players on any given Saturday or Sunday. Sunday is generally busier but we always have a large turn out on Saturday as well.
What rental guns are available?
We only have one type of rental gun, there are no upgraded rentals available.
For airsoft our rental fleet consists of G&G CM16s. These airsoft rifles are stylistically similar to the M4 model. We do not have pistols for rent. You are welcome to bring your own sidearm to play with alongside the rental gun, just make sure it falls within the FPS limits on our field rules.
Paintball rentals are Tippman 98s.
How many games are we going to play?
Games generally last about 15 – 45 minutes depending on the size of group, pace, and objectives involved. Over the course of the day, you will play several types of games. Some will emphasize stealth and strategy, while others will be all-out action. Drop-in games are run consistently throughout the day from 11:00am – 6:00pm with a 30 – 45 minute lunch break starting around 1:00pm.
Will we be playing with other people?
Yes, drop-in games will consist of all players who show up that day. All ages and skill levels will play together. However, our staff will make sure the teams are fair and balanced so that everyone has a good time.
We currently do not offer private games. Airsoft players, including groups that prebook will play with the other drop-in players that day. We generally see anywhere from 60-200 players on any given Saturday or Sunday. With larger crowds the games will generally use multiple fields at once to allow players lots of room to flank the enemy team. Despite our acreage, we see such a large turn out of customers that we are unable to assign a staff member and field to each prebooked group. Regardless of skill level, most players prefer playing with the public group, as opposed to a smaller group, as there are more variation available with the games and more targets to shoot.
As paintball is by online reservation only, prebooked paintball groups will be playing with any other groups that have reserved that day. There is only one referee assigned to paintball each day so private groups are not possible. Some days we have multiple reservations other days we only have one paintball reservation. If your group is the only reservation that day you will be playing only with your group. Therefore, make sure you book for at least the minimum amount of people you would prefer to play with in case there are no other groups that day.
Where is the field located?
What should I bring?
- Upper Body: We recommend bringing layers so you can adjust them accordingly if needed (t-shirt’s, hoodies).
- Lower Body: We recommend camo pants, sweatpants, or whatever you’re comfortable in.
- Because we are an outdoor facility you may get a little dirty during the action of play. If you do not rent coveralls we suggest wearing appropriate old clothes.
- Shoes with ankle support such as hiking boots and combat boots are ideal. Older runners are also fine but please leave your brand new Yeezy’s at home.
- Light gloves for hand protection and we do offer gloves for sale onsite if you forget.
- Drinking water, especially in hot weather and we have a wide selection of beverages available onsite if you forget.
- A camera, if you want pictures of your day.
- A signed Waiver Form if you are under the age of 19 and are not being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
What should I NOT bring?
- Alcohol or drugs. Alcohol or illicit substance use will result in immediate removal from the premises without refund.
- Dangerous/prohibited items or devices (Knives, restricted firearms).
- BBQ’s or cooking equipment.
- Non-bio bb’s and bb’s under 0.20g.
- A paintball gun that you don’t know how to use (clean, fix, or chronograph). You’ll have more fun and less grief using ours.
- Your own paintballs. They must be purchased from us at the site on the day of the game as we are a Field Paint Only Facility as per BC Paintball Industry Standards for safety and experience quality.
- Smoke grenades during fire bans. However, they can be used throughout the year when there are no municipal fire bans in place.
Do you have games during the week?
We only operate on weekends and are unable offer bookings during the week. We will announce on our website and facebook page if we are open on upcoming holidays.
- Cancellations or postponements must be made more than 24 hours in advance of the booking.
- Full or partial refunds are unavailable within 24 hours of the booking time.
- Rain, hail, and light snow are not eligible reasons for cancellation within 24 hours of booking time.
- We will contact your booking if the facility must close due to heavy snowfall or storms.