PANTHER FAQFrequently Asked Questions at Panther
Why should I play at Panther?
- Largest outdoor paintball facility (55 Acres) in the Vancouver Lower Mainland.
- 10+ Unique Fields and Terrain and Full Size Competitive Paintball Field.
- Offering a variety of Games that showcase all aspects of Paintball and Airsoft.
- Reliable and Quality Rental Equipment.
- Friendly and Professional Staff.
- Canadian Owned and Operated since 1986.
Is Paintball safe?
Yes, very! Statistically speaking it’s very safe with only 0.2 injuries annually per 1,000 players. That compares very well to ice hockey (3.7), soccer (2.4), tennis (1.1) and even running (0.6)! (Source: American Sports Data Inc, 2003).
We take safety very seriously at Edmonton Paintball Centre. All of our staff are well trained and follow established procedures to ensure player safety. Also, all players must watch a safety briefing before each session. Check out our Safety page for more details.
What is the minimum age to play Paintball or Airsoft?
The absolutely minimum age to play Paintball or Airsoft is 10 years old, although we recommend 12 years or older. All players under the age of 19 and who are not being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to the field must bring a signed waiver form in order to participate.
How much does it cost?
The average player spends approximately $60 plus tax for a full day of games. On the other hand, you can expect to spend about $40 plus tax in a half day. This varies based on the amount of paintballs you shoot.
How many paintballs will I need?
This depends on the type of player you are and how many games you want to play. Typically, a player shoots an average of 50-100 paintballs per game. More if you are trigger happy or if its a big game. We offer discounted rates Pre-Booked Groups and Memberships for Equipment Owners or those who wish to play regularly
How many games are we going to play?
This depends on your arrival time and the overall pace of your group .Games last about 15 minutes on average dpending on the size of group and pace .Over the course of the day, you will play several types of games. Some will emphasize stealth and strategy while others will be all-out action.
Where is the field located?
What should I bring?
- Upper Body:Dress in a tshirt with long or short sleeves depending on preference .Consider a hoodie for those colder days.
- Lower Body: If you do not plan on renting coveralls we recommend jeans ,carharts or similar.
- Because we are an outdoor facility you may get a little dirty during the action of play if you do not rent coveralls .If this is the case wear appropriate old clothes
- Protection for your head/forehead such as a ball cap, a toque or a bandana if
- Soccer Cleats or similar for an advantage in traction and speed:Older runners are also fine but please leave your brand new white Nikes at home.
- Light gloves for hand protection and we do offer gloves for sale onsite if you forget
- Drinking water, especially in hot weather and we have a wide selection of beverages available onsite if you forget.
- A camera, if you want pictures of your day.
- A change of clothes for the trip home if you plan on not renting coveralls.
- A signed Waiver Form if you are under the age of 19 and are not being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
What should I NOT bring?
- Alcohol or drugs
- No dangerous items or devices
- No pets (with the exception of the field’s mascot)
- A paintball gun that you don’t know how to use (clean, fix, or chronograph). You’ll have more fun and less grief using ours.
- Your own paintballs. They must be purchased from us at the site on the day of the game as we are a Field Paint Only Facility as per BC Paintball Industry Standards for safety and experience quality.
Do you have games during the week?
As we are a full-time paintball facility, we are open for group bookings 7 days a week, including most holidays. However, because almost all bookings happen on weekends, it will be difficult to find a public game during the week unless you organize a group of your own.
How do I make a Private Booking for my group?
Follow these simple steps to successfully organize your Panther Paintball Adventure:
- Contact us a minimum 48 hours in advance of your desired date or take a look at our Calendar.
- Pick a day that is good for you and the majority of your friends. Remember, no day will be perfect for everyone. Choose the best!
- Call us at 604-533-0890 or Make an Online Booking Request so our Booking Manager can answer any questions or concerns you may have and pencil you in for your unconfirmed reservation.
- Collect the discounted group rate from your friends as this confirms your booking and reserves your equipment and time slot.
- Present us with your group deposit over the phone via Credit Card or Instore with Cash, Debit, and even Cheque (As long as it clears before your date of play).
- Save Money with our Discounted Group Rates
- Once you receive a confirmation from us by Phone or Email, your group is considered booked and we will see you on the day of the game.
Will we be playing with other people?
Yes, unless you book a Private Referee. If you join a Public Drop-In game, our staff will make sure the teams are fair so that everyone has a good time.